iPad 3...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Apple..., Jul 29, 2011.

1. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

What do you expect we'll see in the next revision? I firmly believe we won't see it until Q1 (the fall rumors are just dumb), but I'm expecting a Retina Display and more RAM + A6 chip (would that be quad-core then?).

2. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

thats pritty much what I expect from the hardware side ...

A plus would be an consolidation on mobile technology (3G, CDMA and maybe 4G).

PS: I'm dump, I still collecting my money to buy in Q4 this year a nice iPad 3 or iPad 2 Pro.

3. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Ah yes, 4G. It depends. I'm not 100% sure we'll see it though. If the next iPhone gets more storage (64GB), I think the iPad might get a bump to 128GB as well.

4. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

not sure with 128 GB; with the cloud around the corner it might as today; just redownload what you need.

And 4G: I don't care anymore since I bought my 4G-Mobile WiFi Router. My next iPad will be WiFi only.

5. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

^ Not everyone has access to Internet all the time/nor is it always fast enough for streaming or downloading content daily. I hate comments saying the cloud will take over from there. Reality check - that won't work. Sorry.

6. henchman macrumors 6502a

Wow, how origial.
    Yet another iPad3 thread.

Hey mods, create a single thread for the Non existant iPad3.

7. tstarks33 macrumors regular

Seriously. Then again, if we had a single threads for (ipad or laptop), (ipad 3/ipad 2 hd), and (ipad 1 or ipad 2), we might not have a new topic around here for months.

8. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

I'm sorry to have upset anyone. I didn't see any iPad 3 threads, and I wanted to start some good discussion on the subject. :eek:

9. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

It's impossible to start a new or good discussion. They've already occurred. And for new or upcoming hardware,myou usually have less than an hour to post on it, or you are too late. Such is the digital age we lve in.

10. tekker macrumors regular

u mad?

11. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Reality check: cloud become reality. Like it or not. And you might be part of the 80% minority with not sufficient download speeds you will need to use the device cache buffer. This require to manage what you want to carry around at any given day. But is 64 GB not enough ? Not saying I wouldn't go for 128 GB, fine for me as a gadget addictive character. But I would prefer to spent the money on display first.

12. TheSuperSteve macrumors 6502

No need to be a dick, man. The mods will take care of him if he indeed violated some rules. If you dont like his thread ignore it. Simple as that.

As for the iPad 3, i only expect a retina display, a better camera and perhaps more ram and a faster CPU (i dont think it'll be quad core. It took Apple this long to make a dual core.).

I cant imagine anyone needing 128GB of storage. I mean atleast from my point of view. I have a 16GB iPad 1 and i've never managed to fill it up and i've tried. I got 9GB free. Never filled up an 8GB iPod touch either. 3GB left! :p