ipad 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mahoganyjoint, Sep 7, 2011.

  1. mahoganyjoint macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2011
    #1
    i want to buy an iPad 2 tomorrow, but I'm worried ill buy this then apple will announce an iPad 3 next month with the iP5.

    any recommendations on what i should do?
    does the iPad 3 have any chance of coming out this fall?

    cheers
     
  2. asaeta macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2009
    Location:
    San Francisco, CA
    #2
    The iPad 3 isn't rumored to come out until the first quarter of 2012. Apple's increasing the production of iPad 2's right now (correct me if I'm wrong). So you've still got a few months left before the iPad 3 "might" come out. Some believe they're going to use the A6 chip for the iPad 3.
     
  3. saving107 macrumors 603

    saving107

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2007
    Location:
    San Jose, Ca
    #3
    What would be so wrong is you did purchase an iPad 2 now and Apple releases a newer iPad in the next few weeks?

    What I recommend you do is buy an iPad 2 now and enjoy your purchase, its a great device.
     
  4. TheUndertow macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2011
    #4
    It's always a gamble and there are plenty of rumors swirling around.

    One problem about waiting is that you could be waiting for a while and/or reality does not meet expectations (as happened to me with last MBP).

    If you can buy it with a store warranty with extra coverage, you may pay a little more today, but have more options tomorrow.
     
  5. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2010
    #5
    I disagree with others that say who cares if a new one is around the corner. But in this case it doesn't matter because iPad 3 will not be coming out this fall or winter. I say this because repeated rumors indicate all the major new components presumed to be in the new iPad are not ready for production. If you do your research and see how long it takes for Apple's new products to go from production to release, you will see that it is impossible to have a fall iPad update.

    OP, I would buy the iPad 2 now, unless you are okay waiting until April 2012. Rumors and previous Apple behavior points to this as the most likely date.

    Also bare in mind that iPads hold their value quite well. When the iPad 2 came out there were quite a few people selling for cheap since the market was flooded, but about a month after release the used iPad 1 prices rose.
     

Share This Page