Price Advice Ipad 3?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Tech198, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

Will we see iPad 3 abut the same price tag as iPad 2? Since I don't have an iPad 2 yet, i was gonna wait till next week. but should I hold off and wait or go for it now?

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

3. Tech198 thread starter macrumors G4

4. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

Anyone any guesses at how much the iPad 3 will cost on launch? I'm selling my iPad 2 today and want to buy a 64GB model iPad 3 when it's released.

5. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

A guess, but I would say the same price points as the current iPad. I can't see any reason why Apple would change them.

6. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

I was hoping someone was going to say this!

Selling my 64GB iPad 2 (wifi) for £415 tonight... is that an okay price? I've never sold an iOS device before

7. iMacprobook macrumors member

With Apple sitting on 51 billion cash pile and not knowing what to do with it, i don't see why they can't make their devices more accessible in these hard times... If they were cheaper i'd buy one.

----------

I'd say at that price, take it...

8. lbro macrumors 6502a

lbro

They can barely keep up with the demand so why would they?

9. old-wiz macrumors G3

Exactly! Companies usually cut prices when they have more inventory than they want.

10. KingJosh macrumors 6502

KingJosh

I bet it will be the same price as the current. I don't need an iPad but I would buy the iPad2 refurb if the prices drop enough when 3 comes.

11. iMacprobook macrumors member

With the iPad maybe, but not for mac computer users, still 3 x pc price.

12. Eddy Munn macrumors 6502

Eddy Munn

That retina screen will really boost the price up, somewhere near to
    One hundred billion dollars.
    [​IMG]

13. hafr macrumors 68030

Are you trying to say they can't keep up with the demand for their computers, despite being three times the price of a PC equivalent?

Also, the 13" MBP was 1 100 euros when I bought it, the cheapest option at the time (same specs, max 14" screen) except for the MBP was the Vaio or HP Envy at about 1 800 euros. Could you recommend me some options to the 13" MBP that are at least the same price?

14. iMacprobook macrumors member

No, I'm not saying that.

Tell me what stops most pc users buying a mac?

1) lack of switching knowledge, ie, its far easier than many pc users that i know think.

2) The purchase price.

This applies to ALL of my family, many friends, and many business partners. All I'm saying is that they would do just as well financially by lowering the entry cost onto the best OS.

15. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

I suspect the same price structure. I would welcome the same price structure if the base model for $499 included 32gb and the 64gb version went for $599. I doubt that will happen but it would be nice if they didn't charge a ridiculous amount for additional storage.

I don't own or need a iPad but would pick up a base iPad2 if the price dropped to $349 but I don't see that happened at all.

They cost that much because they can charge that much because the demand equals or is lower than supply.