iPad 32GB Black at 1-2 weeks on store.apple.com

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dacapo, Apr 20, 2011.

1. dacapo, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011

dacapo macrumors 6502

FINAL EDIT: If you actually add an iPad to your shopping cart (and skip engraving), you will get 1-2 weeks. Good luck everyone!

Interesting. Just that model/color. All the other ones are still 2-3 weeks.

EDIT: That's 32GB Black WIFI.

EDIT: It's back to 2-3 weeks now for all models. As soon as fifanatic ordered his, it went back up to that. Sorry to get everyone else's hopes up, if this was indeed a blip and he got the last one somehow. At least it looks like the store.apple.com inventory is real-time.

EDIT2: YIKES, now looks like the Black 64GB ATT is at 1-2 weeks!!!

2. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I just looked and it looks like all are 1-2 weeks now.

3. dacapo, Apr 20, 2011

dacapo thread starter macrumors 6502

That's odd. For me (the US Store), it's still showing as just that one being 1-2 weeks, even if I refresh.

At least it's good news about supplies getting a bit better.

EDIT: Stranger thing... I did a walkthrough of trying to order, and if it says that if I get engraving, it's 1-2 weeks, if I don't, it's 2-3 weeks. Maybe this'll all get updated in the next few minutes..?

4. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I just double checked in my iPhone Apple Store app and in the Safari browser in my iPhone and iPad and they both say 1-2 weeks for all.

5. dacapo thread starter macrumors 6502

Maybe the browser explains it. I'm using Google Chrome.

6. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I just used my LogMeIn to check my MacBook Pro and it says all are 2-3 weeks except for the 32 GB WiFi Black which is 1-2 weeks. This is weird.

7. MacFever, Apr 20, 2011

MacFever macrumors regular

MacFever

only see 32gb black wifi at the moment.

would be interesting to see if anyone has ordered one yet and confirmed delivery date within 1-2 weeks?

Edit: cleared the cache....refreshed and all are now showing 1-2 weeks.

8. fifanatic macrumors newbie

I just ordered a 32GB black wifi with the 1-2 week estimate showing on the front page, and my shipping estimate is May 4, delivery by May 11 Standard Shipping.

Also, looks like it's back to 2-3 weeks already again on the main page for all models.

9. dacapo thread starter macrumors 6502

Maybe that means you got the last one? :D

Whatever the case may be, it gives a pretty good indication that the site itself is automated with real-time inventories, rather than some employee manually changing the dates. But of course, this was a blip, and there's not enough info to make a generalization.

I know that I was a bit suspicious when the iPad expected wait times shot up to several weeks almost immediately after the launch. But if the site does in fact have real-time inventory levels, then at least we know Apple isn't manipulating demand by playing with these dates.

10. MacFever macrumors regular

MacFever

LOL why you tease us like this Apple?? :D:p

11. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I ordered some more last week and am not supposed to get them until May 12. So it looks like you did get the right 1-2 week ship estimate.

12. fifanatic macrumors newbie

Lucky me, I guess! All thanks to this forum, of course :)

13. GadgetAddict macrumors 6502

I see 1-2 weeks for all. I ordered 8 days ago when it was 2-3 weeks, shipping estimate was May 3rd. Let's see if they change that now.

14. dacapo, Apr 20, 2011

dacapo thread starter macrumors 6502

You're welcome, I think! :D

EDIT: YIKES, now looks like the Black ATT 64 GB is at 1-2 weeks!!! :)

EDIT2: And so is the White Verizon 16GB!

I'm gonna stop posting updates, but good luck everyone!

15. MacFever macrumors regular

MacFever

They are fluctuating....most are now back to 2-3 weeks... lol

16. ironicninja macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Just ordered black 64GB wifi using the Apple Store iPhone app and got the 1-2 week estimate.

17. Kupp macrumors regular

Why 32 GB wifi black. Is that the most demanded so they are producing more, or some other factor. That is what my model is, seems to be the middle of the road iPad, which is why I chose it. I am just curious about why that would have different availability.

18. darngooddesign macrumors G3

You keep using the phrase "Final Edit" I don't think it means what you think it means. :D

19. dacapo thread starter macrumors 6502

:D Well, it was final at the time I wrote it! :D

(I have one final edit on the original post and I do believe that was it. But yeah, it was kinda weird, because it kept moving and shifting. But it's all good.)

20. nwbusa macrumors regular

They're all 1-2 weeks now at Apple Canada. Just ordered my 64GB WiFi :D

21. RobesNo1 macrumors regular

Does anyone else think it's somewhat of a joke that I ordered April 3rd (two and a half weeks ago) and mine is still due to arrive the same day as this guy who ordered a few hours ago? :eek:

Good old Apple. :)

22. cole01 macrumors 6502

I really hope the order I placed last week that is currently showing a May 10th ship date will be bumped up a little sooner. I love my original iPad but cannot wait to get my hands on the new slate. Getting my smart cover first only adds to the tedious wait.

23. dacapo thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I never quite understood how that works. Hopefully they're First-In-First-Out (FIFO) so that you are getting yours before the other guy. Even if by a day or so, since any leapfrogging of newer orders over older orders would irk anyone.

As for me, I'm leaning toward buying it from a local Target or something, but was really excited to see that the supply constraints overall seem to be easing up. Hopefully I'll get my hands on one soon too. :)

24. ToutSuite macrumors member

I don't think there's any leapfrogging going on. Orders are prioritized by order date. But I'm confused why it doesn't make sense to you that someone ordering when production capacity is increasing (or demand is falling) would have a shorter wait time than someone who ordered earlier. Do you want Apple to just sit on new orders for a month before shipping, even if they have the items ready before then?

Anyway, they adjusted my ship date yesterday out of the blue (to a sooner date). I wonder if it will go down again in the next week or so.

25. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I just checked my order status and mine got moved ahead two days, along with the delivery date.