iPad 3G Data HELP! PLEASE!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by T0Mlol, Feb 12, 2011.

1. T0Mlol macrumors member

Guys, I have an iPad 3G 64GB here and I'm trying to get the data plan through AT&T but it will not "let me." Let me explain.

I went into Settings and went to the Carrier section and went to View Account. I have a Username & Password and entered all my information in. I am going to use a Giftcard from PNCBank (Visa) that has $300 on it and I typed the card number in and all of that. Basically, when I select the 250MB plan and click Agree. It says please wait while we update your account settings. I get a prompt saying it was activated. I go to Safari and it says I have no data plan would I like to do it Now or Later.

I went into the AT&T store today and they couldn't figure it out for almost an hour. They then told me it was because it needs to be a credit card/debit card. As this makes no sense, I left and did some research and it seems people all over are DOING this and it's working but mine isn't. Why is this!? What am I doing wrong? Is it something with the address?

I checked the cards balance online and it still has the full $300 and is active. Someone please help!

2. bri1212 macrumors 6502

"I went into the AT&T store today and they couldn't figure it out for almost an hour. They then told me it was because it needs to be a credit card/debit card. As this makes no sense, I left and did some research and it seems people all over are DOING this and it's working but mine isn't. Why is this!? What am I doing wrong? Is it something with the address?"

Do you know that someone else is using a gift card to open their account?
    Because I am pretty sure that you would not be allowed to, as it is a monthly fee. I would be surprised if they let anyone open an account with a gift card. There is no way for them to charge it every month.