Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wombat888

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2008
That's cool. I doubt I'd go over 5GB, but who knows.

Bad news from the same blog, though - you can't upgrade a 250MB plan to unlimited within the same month, you'd just have to buy an unlimited plan on top of the 250MB plan if you realize you need more in the middle of the month. :(

dav

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2004

Bad news from the same blog, though - you can't upgrade a 250MB plan to unlimited within the same month, you'd just have to buy an unlimited plan on top of the 250MB plan if you realize you need more in the middle of the month. :(

If this weren't the case, there would be no incentive to buy the unlimited plan straight off the bat.. It needs to be this way IMO otherwise the price of the unlimited data plan would increase.

rusty2192

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Kentucky
My interpretation

The way I interpreted it, the plan is basically like a pre-paid phone plan, where you get 250MB and/or 1 month, whichever ends first. So i took it to be that if i started with the 250 MB plan on May 1, and then on May 21, I ran out, I could either restart the 250 MB plan for $15 or jump to the unlimited plan for $30. Both of these options would reset the date to starting on May 21 and expiring on June 21.

I could be wrong about that, but thats the way that I interpreted it.

Last graphic:
http://www.apple.com/ipad/3g/

jburns

macrumors regular
May 1, 2007
NC-USA
The way I interpreted it, the plan is basically like a pre-paid phone plan, where you get 250MB and/or 1 month, whichever ends first. So i took it to be that if i started with the 250 MB plan on May 1, and then on May 21, I ran out, I could either restart the 250 MB plan for $15 or jump to the unlimited plan for $30. Both of these options would reset the date to starting on May 21 and expiring on June 21.

I could be wrong about that, but thats the way that I interpreted it.

Last graphic:
http://www.apple.com/ipad/3g/

Same here and I think that is fair.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.