iPad 3G in Australia

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sydneysiderrr, May 26, 2010.

Hi, was wondering if anyone has bought a micro-SIM data pack from any of the telcos? I registered my interest with Telstra (expensive I know, but the best network by far) and no email from them yet. What are they waiting for? When am I going to get my microSIM??

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i dont have an answer - as i ordered WiFi. but id be interested in download speeds and all of that :D

3. pondie84 macrumors 6502a

From memory some people were posting the other day that they'd picked them up from stores just by bugging them and promising not to activate until Friday. I think it was in one of the 'not yet shipped' threads that went off topic.

4. sud macrumors regular

Walked into a Telstra shop today, they sold it to me over the counter no problems.

They said to not activate till tomorrow.

5. jont1967 macrumors newbie

Same here, went to the T-Life store in Melbourne CBD, handed over my $30 and walked out of the store with one. Having said that my wife went into the Camberwell store a few hours before and asked and they said they couldn't sell them until Friday.

JT.

6. mhar997 macrumors newbie

I purchased a Telstra micro-sim from the T-Life store in Sydney CBD yesterday.

The staff knew exactly what I needed and I was asked to fill out a short form (half page) of details (Licence, CC, Name, DOB etc). When I was done I paid the $30 (1Gb + 2Gb bonus) and walked out.

Opened the pack at home today and called the Activation Number to avoid the congestion tomorrow (125 8880 its automated if you want a listen). It asked you what service you're after and then the sim number etc and then puts you through to a call centre. After speaking with the rep he informed me that my sim had been activated at the T-Life store yesterday and was showing the 3Gb data in my account already. Not a problem as I don't expect it to last a full month anyway. :)

Sounds like it's all ready to go! Just need that iPad now...