iPad 3G in Europe (Italy)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by napos, Sep 4, 2010.

1. napos macrumors newbie

Great news to report... Go to any 'Tre' (3) mobile store (Rome termini) and buy the "Super Internet" prepaid micro SIM card plan. First month is only 3 euros for 3GB of data for 30 days!!!

Really easy install, typing this from the iPad on the network in Rome hotel.

To make this take the cake, install Line2 app for awesome calling back to US from virtually anywhere!!

2. lozpop macrumors 6502

Yeah, I live in Italy and the Three Super Internet for iPad is awesome. 5€ for 3GB every month.

I think it's the more convenient offer in the world for iPad.

Anyway, it's not always fast, and depends on where you are on the country.

3. Ciclismo macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

Nice, I'll be having some of that in December. I just wish I had better luck accessing the Tre website so that I could check if the have good coverage across Emillie-Romagna.

4. robby818 macrumors 6502a

Hi Napos-

Would you mind sharing the network settings you entered to get the iPad working on Tre? I was thinking about Vodafone, but it is more expensive.

5. Ciclismo macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

Apparantly you don't need to. If it doesn't work right away, then according to this page you just need to connect to iTunes.

6. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

I created a thread that is already compiling APN and operator settings. It's there but I forgot the link. Search will turn it up.

7. lozpop macrumors 6502

8. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Thanks for pointing this out! I'll definitely have to pick one up next time I'm in Garda (I go at least once a year :D).

Thanks!