iPad 3G microsims in Canada

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dbwrobel, Jul 11, 2010.

1. dbwrobel Guest

Just picked a 32gb 3G unit from the futureshop and i didn't get any sim card with it (i went back to get one but they wanted to charge me for it - i think something like 10 bucks or so); i then went on the online apple store and noticed the sim card is 20 cents. I also read online that they were being given away for free with a 3G when purchasing an iPad in an apple store. Has anyone else had this experience? I mean $10 isn't expensive, I'd just rather get it for free after dropping almost $900 on the iPad :p

2. McPaul macrumors member

London Drugs gives them away for free (but only for Rogers)

They'll charge you $10 and refund that $10.

3. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

They should be given away for free. Don't pay for them.

4. matthewr macrumors member

I bought my iPad (64 GB 3G) at the apple store in Yorkdale and got a Rogers SIM for no charge. I thought it was funny that it was free in store, but 20 cents online...

But in the States, AT&T charged me about $15 for a SIM card so I could use it there while traveling.

5. Perihelion macrumors regular

I got my 64gb 3G from Future Shop and they threw the sim card in for free. Don't pay for it!

6. dbwrobel thread starter Guest

Thanks for the replies everyone, I went to another Futureshop and they gave me the sim card after I explained the situation; maybe I was just dealing with a new guy at the other store...he did have to get permission from someone else to use the register lol....

7. mrbash macrumors 6502

The Apple store gave me a free SIM card for Bell, but AT&T in the US charged me 15+tax for a sim card.