iPad 3G MyWi + MacBook Pro = lolwut?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by NutsNGum, Apr 18, 2011.

1. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Hello all, I considered putting this in the applications section, however there are caveats to my question so I posted here, if the mods wish to move it, please do.

I'm currently using a Jailbroken iPad 3G 1st gen on 4.3.1 with the latest release of MyWi. I'm attempting to tether it via Bluetooth and Wifi to my 15" MBP 2010 running 10.6.7, without success.

On attempting bluetooth tethering, The iPad seems to pair with the MBP, but then doesn't show up in the list of known devices.

When I attempt WiFi tethering, the computer recognises the connection, but the WiFi icon on the comp just cycles through the animation never actually gaining a connection.

Incidentally, it works fine with windows 7 when using bootcamp.

I am not particularly enamoured with using the USB option as I bought the application for the purposes of using it wirelessly!

2. kilidar macrumors member

I running Mywi on ipad 1, PC or ipad2 can use wifi/mywi. Dont have a mac so dont know. the wifi connection is ad-hoc not infra if that helps.