Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

playmaker2k7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
I was just wondering if we are going to see any reviews for the iPad 3G at all? Soon?? Its coming Friday......:rolleyes:

Curious to what they have to say about the gps and any other additional positives of having the 3G over the wifi only model

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
I was just wondering if we are going to see any reviews for the iPad 3G at all? Soon?? Its coming Friday......:rolleyes:

The reviews won't differ much from the existing ones for the wifi iPad . You'll see all the similar statements. "it's a bit heavier , the battery drains a bit faster, the web doesn't load as fast etc"

I'm more interested in how well the current iPad apps take advantage of 3G.

Apple Expert

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
I'm not to sure the GPS is going to be a huge feature like I would of liked it to be. But who knows, only time will tell. I have the 3G coming to me and are starting to wondering if I should of gone wifi only since I mainly use it at home where wifi is on all the time.

iSingandiDance

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
I'm not to sure the GPS is going to be a huge feature like I would of liked it to be. But who knows, only time will tell. I have the 3G coming to me and are starting to wondering if I should of gone wifi only since I mainly use it at home where wifi is on all the time.
Having the option > Not having the option

You won't regret it.

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA

It's not about that...... maybe in Nov or Dec, your going to be wishing you had a GPS. :rolleyes:

Feel great about having an iPad 3G with the option of using GPS;)

tripjammer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2010
I like having the options too. That is why I ordered a 64Gb Ipad 3G. You will take this Ipad out of the house for sure. What about summer vacations? What about places that don't have wifi?

Plus it has the new 3G...the 7.2 mbps 3G...if you live in a area where ATT has upgraded their network you will be ok..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.