IPad 3G ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Strom1, May 19, 2011.

1. Strom1 macrumors regular

Strom1

Just got my iPad 3G and need a little education on the 3G billing/payment. I plan on using the service for maybe 3 or 4 months out of the whole year.

If I don't deactivate the service does it automatically bill me for next 30 days?

And do you have to wait to the end of the 30 day cycle to cancel (seems like a PITA, if that's the case) or can I cancel 5 days into the 30 day cycle if I know I will not continue the service the next month. TIA.

2. macDelirium macrumors member

3. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

I have ATT 3G. I only use it when on trips. When I know I won't be needing more than what I have activated, I immediately deactivate it so I don't forget, you don't have to wait 30 days. They will bill you automatically for another 30 days if you don't deactivate, but you get warnings when either you have used up your data or 30 days is about over.
    It is very easy to do from the iPad.

4. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

i'm mostly on wifi, so i only activate when i absolutely need the 3G. as soon as i do, i cancel the recurring renewal.

5. Strom1 thread starter macrumors regular

Strom1

Really appreciate the response. When you immediately deactivate the service does the service continue for the remaining 30 days you've paid for?

6. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

It continues for 30 days or until you have used up your data, whichever comes first.

You can check how many days or how much data you have used right from your iPad. It is all very easy and convenient.