iPad 3rd Gen Recovery Loop - Error -1

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by FrustratedMatt, Aug 28, 2013.

1. FrustratedMatt macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, first post here after reading on forums and trying everything under the sun for 2 days.

I have an iPad 3rd Generation Wi-Fi / Cellular model. I started having issues with Verizon and the iPad "Searching" a couple days back. I figured a good first step would be to plug in to iTunes, and do a restore. I GUESSED WRONG!
    I am now stuck in a Recovery Mode Loop. I've tried every piece of software that has been suggested. RedSnow, iReb, RecBoot, all to no avail. I've tried 4 different computers using 3 different cables. I'm purely out of options and before I use this as my next Frisbee I figured I'd check here.

I've read a lot of solutions, but none work. This thing worked fine (other than the cellular problem) before I tried a restore. I wouldn't even care if cellular didn't work at this point because Wi-Fi worked just fine! Does anyone have any solutions to this?

I continue to try the recovery and it fails with a "-1" error.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

PS - the closest Apple store is 2 hours away, so that isn't a quick option. I am an IT guy, I can figure out most anything, I just need the right tools.

Thanks!

2. wiles01 macrumors newbie

I'm in the exact same boat.

My wife's iPad 3 began acting up last week, doing double characters when she typed, then deleting a whole line of text if she hit backspace. I also noted that the LTE/4G was not showing up in the display, it was continually saying "Searching".

So I did a hard reset on it, then it would only run for about 90 seconds before resetting itself and starting a reboot cycle.

So I backed it all up (within the 90 seconds) and then tried doing a restore.

Now it is just stuck in the continual restore, connect to i-tunes, this device had an unknown error (-1).

Tried doing the DFU update but that errors out as well. Going to try tiny umbrella and RedSn0w tonight after work.