iPad 3rd Gen Sleep/Wake button stuck

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bubbafelt, Oct 25, 2014.

1. bubbafelt macrumors newbie

My iPad was dropped a little while ago and I think it landed right on the power button :/. Nothing cracked, there is no dents (as far as i can see), and there is not damage beside the stuck button. The only other thing is that there is a small scuff above the button, but its only cosmetic I think. I was told to just enable Assistive Touch to perform tasks that involve the sleep/wake button, but it is really a temporary fix.

I bought it in 2012 without AppleCare, so it's out of warranty I think. I cannot turn on the iPad if it's turned off without a computer or adapter, and I mostly use my iPad when I'm out.

I went on Apple's troubleshooting/repair site, but it was estimating about 305 euro for service.

Does anybody have any idea what might be the problem and if there is a fix?

Thanks in advance!
    ========================================
    Will add pictures of the iPad

Attached Files:

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

Assistive Touch works while the device is on. It has all the necessary features you need. When the screen is asleep all you need to do is press the home button. If you turn it off completely, simply plug in the iPad with the charging cable and it will power on automatically.