iPad 3rd generation crashing when home button pressed

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Loke2112, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Loke2112 macrumors regular

Loke2112

Hello,

I recently sent my iPad back to Apple for repair as the home button was intermittently non responsive. Apple claimed there were unable to reproduce the problem and shipped it back to me with the latest "firmware". Upon receipt the home button worked much better but just in the last two days it is causing the iPad to crash and reboot.

I reset it, hard reset it and restored it completely and the issue persists. I was just wondering if anyone here had a similar experience before I call back the big fruit company...I am starting to wonder if quality control has taken a hit since Tim took over.

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

Have you tried doing a complete erase from within the iPad? I would wipe it clean using the "erase all content and settings". If it continues to crash then I would call Apple. :)

3. Loke2112 thread starter macrumors regular

Loke2112

I did the restore while connected to the Mac via iTunes. I have an appt at the Apple store as I just want them to witness the issue. I can try your recommendation later today thanks for responding.