So one of my kids thought it would be a good idea to stick the 30 pin connector in her mouth, followed by my other kid sticking the connector into the charging port on the iPad. Now, my iPad will not charge. I opened it up, since out of contract, and looked for "smoking" on the connector port of the iPad, everything looked good I guess. My next thought is maybe something shorted out. Could the battery have gone bad from this? The iPad is completely dead, although when I plug the charge cable in, the battery symbol comes up for about 5 seconds then goes away. Any help would be appreciated.