iPad 3rd Generation - Sleeve case with smart cover?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by joe2uk, Mar 30, 2012.

1. joe2uk macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm looking for a new sleeve style case for my iPad 3rd generation that allows me to keep the apple smart cover on inside the sleeve.

Anyone have any experience of sleeves that allow this? Most of the reviews I've read say it's very tight (e.g. not designed to have it attached).

Thanks
    Joe

2. Emerson macrumors member

Emerson

3. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

I have the suede sleeve from SFBags and I love it. I can confirm that the one to fit an iPad with smart cover works with the new iPad wearing a smart cover.

4. NotUpToDate macrumors newbie

I use STM jacket for iPad. I also can confirm that the new iPad + smart cover will fit nicely in that bag.
    I like this bag because there is a handle on it and the bag is made nicely.

5. VeeGee90 macrumors member

VeeGee90

Take a look at Saddleback Leather's Large Gadget Pouch. It should fit great with the Apple Smart Cover attached to the iPad, and it's really great quality. It's out of stock now, but I'm sure they will have it again soon. Maybe a little expensive at $55, but you'll get 100 years of warranty.

6. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

7. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

Sena make one, it isn't cheap, but its quality is exceptional by the standards of most iPad accessory makers and the fit is perfect.

http://www.senacases.com/apple/new-ipad-3-cases/ultraslim-with-smartcover/

8. HeySamantha macrumors member

9. rosemary1 macrumors regular

I also got my sleeve from Etsy. It's way nicer (and cheaper) than anything sold commercially.

10. HeySamantha macrumors member

that place is going to suck money from me like crazy when it comes to ipad3 sleeves lol

11. Dechter macrumors member

I have this one (bought it for my iPad 2) and it works great with the new iPad. It will be a bit snug at first, but after a few days, it will loosen up and sliding the iPad + Smart Cover in and out will be easier. I like the case very much.

12. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Depends on your style. ColcaSac is nice, and so are Waterfield sleeves. For iPad 2 I used an InCase neoprene sleeve, and for iPad 3, I now have an InCase Origami Sleeve. I like the origami sleeve because it folds into an iPad stand while I'm at work or lazily reading on the couch. :)

13. Fry-man22, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012

Fry-man22 macrumors 6502

Fry-man22

My "real" sleeve is a Walterfield EXO sleeve I got for the first gen iPad. This fits the new iPad with the smart cover and a snap shield with just a bit of extra slack. I love the thing and I highly recommend it.

However, the EXO sleeve is just a bit too big to fit in the XS Timbuk2 messenger bag so I had to look for something else. I found the casemate Walkabout on Amazon for $15 and decided to give it a shot. If you just want to use the smart cover it is a perfect fit. It has a nice feel and adds less bulk than the Waterfield sleeve. If price and bulk is a consideration it is definitely a good option.

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Mate-CM011188-Walkabout-iPad/dp/B003G2YWXU

14. ecschwarz macrumors 65816

ecschwarz

15. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

+1. Awesome cheap case.

16. Bebel macrumors member

I use a black InCase Origami sleeve to slip my iPad 3 with Smart Cover into when I'm on the go.