iPad iPad 3rd sale question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by patseguin, Nov 17, 2013.

1. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

So, as I previously mentioned I sold my iPad on ebay for $375. I'll be paying paypal and ebay fees. My pastor's wife said she wanted it and I am left with a conundrum. Is there a way to get out of an ebay sale after selling. Like refunding the money and saying I dropped it? I don't want to do anything to ruin my 100% rating as I plan on futures sales.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You committed to the ebay sale, and I'd go with that and explain to your pastor's wife someone already purchased it.

If you back out of the sale, the odds are good you'll get some negative feedback and not to sound harsh, you'd deserve that as the buyer is acting in good faith (AFAIK)

3. Robster3 macrumors 68000

You can't be serious you want to lie to the ebay buyer so you can sell it to the Pastors wife?
    Tell her it sold on ebay, all over red rover. Close thread. Then get some counselling from the Pastor.

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

ROFLMAO

Irony is a mean bitch....

Meanwhile, I am trying to figure out what the title of this has to do with selling/not selling on ebay?

5. patseguin thread starter macrumors 65816

patseguin

Thanks for the constructive advice. I will follow that and continue the ebay sale.

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

AFAIK, even if you go ahead with that idea, you still have to pay the $37.50 eBay fee.

7. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

This has always been an interesting debate as really, there is no one answer. I'd suggest it is akin to a pair of iPads- one offering the ability to download music onto it and the other one simply does not.

There would be those in the camp of, "I don't rarely ever listen to music on my iPad so I purchased the one that is less expensive, not offering that ability."

Another camp: "I listen to music a lot and even when I don't I enjoy the freedom of being able to do so on a whim and thus spent the extra and bought an iPad that is equipped to allow me to do so."

It all boils down to your needs/wants/desires/affordability factor.
    (And the GPS capabilities, as expressed in another thread, is an added bonus.)

8. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Umm, I'm guessing this is the wrong thread...

9. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

7 separate threads for selling 1 ipad? Really?

When should I sell it?
    Can I sell it here?
    What if it doesn't sell?
    Why won't it sell?
    Can't sell it.

And now,

Can I unsell it?

Amazing.

10. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

I'm actually pretty amazed you were able to keep track. :p

11. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Ah, dang.
    You're right. . .

That's embarrassing...

12. patseguin thread starter macrumors 65816

patseguin

Lol me too. I'm kinda embarrassed now lol. I did do the right thing and packed it up and sent it to the eBay buyer.

13. technopimp macrumors 6502a

And I'm pretty amazed it's only 7-I would have guessed 3-4x that many.

Or maybe I'm thinking of "I did it-ordered an iPad Air/Mini!"

14. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

I would contact the buyer and tell him your situation. Indicate that you fully intend on honoring the sale, but would he be willing to back out of the sale since a friend has said they'd like to buy the device. If he's willing, you will not pay any fees on eBay. You'll cancel the transaction through the site and he will agree to the cancellation. It's ALWAYS worth telling the truth.

15. patseguin thread starter macrumors 65816

patseguin

True, but I had it for sale on eBay and someone bought it so I felt the honorable thing to do would be to let the sale go through.

16. nostresshere macrumors 68030

You did not read the previous posters suggestion. He said to ASK if the buyer would cancel. But he left open that you would still honor the sale if they buyer did not want to back. Nothing "not honorable" about that idea.