iPad iPad 4 128GB cellular

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DJVibeuk, Apr 1, 2014.

1. DJVibeuk macrumors newbie

My first post on here thought I would share this link from currys uk. Looks like a fantastic offer.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...-128-gb-wifi-cellular-black-21181139-pdt.html

other models available at this price £469 (brand new) think that its a great deal.

why am I buying this ????

Bought ipad mini retina 3 weeks ago returned due to screen retention.

Changed it for Ipad Air Yellow tint on the screen as reported on other forums

returned this and have bought the above for what I feel is a good deal and if the screen is like my previous 4 should be fine.

Hoping to get 2 years out of this ipad 4 then maybe look to the new pad with a screen that is not defective.

any thoughts guys / girls ?

Thanks Dave

2. njsapple2012 macrumors member

Hello mate,

When the iPad with Retina Display was released and I elected for the 64GB WiFi+Cellular version, that set me back £659 brand new, so that's a bl00dy good price!

I reckon you should go for it, myself. You'll easily get another two year's use out of it and will definitely be able to upgrade to iOS 8 and maybe iOS 9.

Do you plan to use it on an LTE network? 'Cos only EE (and Three) will support it, if you do.

3. L T macrumors 6502

L T

Trying to find a way to justify this! I have a 32 3G Air. But the 128gb would be lovely!

4. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    OK, I'm 66, (i know, iknow) , the way I look at it, as far as I know we only go around once, go for it, never look back,just do it:cool:

5. Tsepz macrumors 68000

Tsepz

I officially hate you:D that is an awesome deal, here I am with my paltry 16GB!

Enjoy it!:)

6. DJVibeuk thread starter macrumors newbie

Good news

Thanks for your responses. I have just received my new iPad 4 have to say no screen retention no yellow tint at all.

Did I make the right choice ?

Yes now I'm happy checked my serial number this was only made October 13 lovely unit speed good.

As for cellular use I'm not sure it was £439 without or £469 with so for £30 thought why not.

Currys also did a leather case at £54.99 which is now on sale for £9.99 another great deal.

Now the serious business of complaining to Apple about the retina mini @ Air due to the time effort money stress I spent trying to resolve the 2 mentioned products with faults.

Finally I'm happy with a ipad4 will see if next year the iPad air 2 sorts out the screens yellow tint and retention issues.

Dave (happy bunny for once)