iPad 4.2 beta 3 printing...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ammcfc, Oct 13, 2010.

1. ammcfc macrumors member

2. heavensblade23 macrumors regular

Still doesn't work for me, unfortunately. It never finds my printer when I search for one, even though it's on the same wireless network. Is there a trick to it?

3. melman101 macrumors 68030

Do you have Mac OSX 10.6.5 beta installed or iTunes 10.1 Beta installed on a Windows machine?

If not, you are out of luck.

4. heavensblade23 macrumors regular

Yes, I'm using 4.2 beta 3, and I have iTunes 10.1 Beta 2 installed.

5. heavensblade23 macrumors regular

Ah I got it mostly working. For some reason it never prompted me to turn on AirPrint in iTunes until I completely uninstalled all the Apple stuff and then reinstalled it.

So now the iPad sees the printer, and mostly prints successfully from applications that support printing. Any further errors are probably just beta stuff.

6. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

Has anybody had success printing to a printer set up on an Airport? I have a hard time believing that Apple wouldn't support that, makes the most sense to sell more Airports.

7. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

The Airport simply makes the printer available on the network and does not abstract the printer to a standard device. This means that the iPad would need printer drivers for your printer for this to work. Doing it the way they have makes it a driverless (or rather a single driver) solution whatever your printer