iPad 4.2 GM - Backup Restore Halts

Discussion in 'iPad' started by chas0001, Nov 3, 2010.

1. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

Is anybody else having this problem? I restored my iPad to the 4.2 GM firmware and then restored the backup in iTunes, in order to keep all my settings etc. The backup restored ok but when the iPad reboots the progress bar comes up and stops about 4/5's of the way through and iTunes freezes. I left it for over an hour and it never budged.

I have just restored to the 4.2 Beta 3 and the backup restores just fine.

2. Phil Lee macrumors 6502

I upgraded to iTunes 10.1b then restored my iPad. I had originally intended to start fresh but accidentally selected the restore from backup option. It worked perfectly. I do have my iPad's UDID registered on the developer site. Is yours registered?

3. whitebook macrumors regular

This happened to me too last night, went up about 4/5ths and then froze out on my iPad and iTunes. I force quit iTunes and unplugged the iPad, reset the iPad and then plugged it back into my mac, ran the backup and it took quite a while for it to do what it was told but eventually it restored from backup and I have everything just the way it was before I installed 4.2 GM.

4. lozpop macrumors 6502

Same here, I'm not able to restore from backup anymore. iTunes freezes and then after some minutes it tells that it couldn't finish the sync because another session was running.
    :confused::confused:

5. chas0001 thread starter macrumors 6502a

chas0001

Yes mine is registered. I have managed to install all other beta's (1-3) with no problems. I don't really want to start from a fresh install because I will loose all my settings.

I did downgrade to 4.2 beta 3 and restored from the backup with no problem. I tried again to restore to the GM and it failed for a 4th time. Looks like I will have to stay at beta 3 for now.

6. chas0001 thread starter macrumors 6502a

chas0001

How long did it take? Was it more than an hour? Also what do you mean by reset your ipad?