iPad 4.3b Jailbreak Yet?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by 3282868, Feb 13, 2011.

1. 3282868 macrumors 603

Any news on an iOS 4.3b jailbreak? I tried the semi-tethered jb but no luck. I have 4.2.1 jailbroken with every possible SSH on file, so not a big deal but I liked the additional gestures in 4.3b.

Thanks!

2. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

It's usually months after a final release if we are lucky, and if we don't hit the unjailbreakable wall.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Nah, it's more like weeks. Sometimes it only takes a few days, if the upgrade is a minor one, and the jailbreak from the last firmware mostly works. But definitely only after final release, they don't release jailbreaks for beta firmwares.

4. Gryzor macrumors 6502

Months after?! :confused: As already said, it's weeks if not days for these guys to hack Apple's security that they only really pay lip service to.

5. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

4.3 implements ASLR, which is going to make jailbreaking in the future MUCH more complicated.

6. newdeal macrumors 68020

the A4 chip has been exploited so it will always be able to be jailbroken. The issue is also finding a kernel hack to make it untethered because a tethered jailbreak is a big pain

7. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Just curious, as I honestly don't know. How long did it take for a 4.2 untethered jb?

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I forget when 4.2 did come out, lol. Anyway, the untethered jailbreak came out, what, last week or the week before? You do the math. :p But in this case, as I understand it, they could have released an untethered jailbreak for it almost immediately, but waited until 4.3 beta came out so they wouldn't waste an exploit.

9. Vonswanko macrumors regular

The 4.3beta JB is available if you add your own bundles to PwnageTool or use Redsn0w beta6 and the tethered boot tool. You will still need a patched iBSS and kernel to boot into the JB kernel. And it is still a tethered JB.

The trick the dev team uses with the JB monte is still in the 4.3 FW so shouldn't be to hard to implement it when the final 4.3 is out. Unless Apple has patched something inadvertently.