iPad iPad 4 broken digitizer related to power button?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dutchdog, Mar 16, 2014.

1. dutchdog macrumors newbie

my screen has cracked so i took it of, the digitizer cable was broken to.

now is the top powerbutton anyway related to the powering on state since the homebutton connects to digitizer circuit to?

my powerbutton and home power on button dont work. volume doesnt work in slide to unlock state which is normal so cant check those.

could it be because screen is of or that prev owner set a setting to use with a magnetic cover that disables top power button functionality. i also cant find the lock/ unlock on my other ipad in ios 7, or accessibility for that matter.

the only way i can get my screen to power on is by switching the lock button above my volumes, that works to get my screen on temporariliy and then says slide to unlock which i now obviously cant do. if none of above my power ribbon might be bust, but i suspect it to do with broken digitizer and therefor not working.

any input is appreciated.

2. dutchdog thread starter macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

http://tinypic.com/r/qzkpbs/8

did i tore of any ribbon maybe? strange that lock button still works then.. note this is ipad 4, i knew that previous ipads had power ribbon at the glue but dont see anything torn or out of place..

3. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

spooky2k

That ribbon runs down to the volume buttons and then onwards to meet with the circuit board. Plenty more places for you to have scuffed it. Just replace that ribbon cable.