iPad iPad 4 display defect

Discussion in 'iPad' started by i4t4fun, Nov 17, 2012.

1. i4t4fun macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I'm new to this forum. I bought my 32gb wifi only iPad with retina display about two weeks ago, and have went through 2 exchanges. All of the iPads I've had either had dust under the screen or wi-fi issues. On my attempt at a 3rd exchange, I had the opportunity to open 2 iPad, and both had more dust under the screen than the one that is currently in my possession. The apple store employees said I am not allowed to open anymore iPads, and was given the option to either exchange it for one of the opened packages, or return my iPad. I opted to keep my current iPad, white 32gb model wifi only, instead. I've used my iPad for a week, and when I was watching a movie, I noticed the screen exhibited back light bleeding on certain parts of the screen. I'm wondering if I should go for another exchange and hope that they've received a second batch or just wait a month or so and arrange a genius appointment and get it replaced with a replacement model. What would the best idea? Also I've experienced the problem where while watching a movie, when there is a dark scene, the screen of the iPad would constantly "pump" the brightness. Please note my last day to return or exchange my iPad is November 22, 2012.

2. nospleen macrumors 68020

nospleen

I'd return it, sounds like you may never find one that you are satisfied with.

3. i4t4fun thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, but I really need this device for my classes as I use it to record lectures. Do you think it's likely that the second batch will have improved? Sorry, considering I spend about $700 on this device, I can't really settle.

4. nospleen macrumors 68020

nospleen

I would expect the second batch to be identical to the previous batch.

5. Speedy Gonzalez macrumors regular

yeah like he said return it if you can't live with a little bleeding or some sort of issue the iPad is not for you my first iPad32GB had yellow tint but very saturated colors

I went to exchange it for a 64GB and now this one don't have yellow tint but there is a little bleeding by the home button and the colors are not as saturated like the first one I am fine with all that as long as there is no dead or stuck pixels

6. klover macrumors 6502a

Here, take these: ,.,,..,,,,