iPad 4 for Drawing

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ndstrenge, Jun 19, 2013.

1. ndstrenge macrumors regular

I'm considering my first iPad (4) and suspect the 5 is about to be released this fall.

I'll be using it for furniture drawings for clients. I make custom furniture and design custom interiors. That's it.

I've read reviews and iDraw seems legit with a stylus. Will the new processor and other upgrades in the 5 appeal to me or is the 4 legit?

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I'm no artist, but I do use Sketchbook Pro on my iPad 4...works fine, no lag and I tried a couple of stylus's before settling on the Griffin which although cheaper than the Bamboo, seems to give more control, but if it's speed you are concerned about, don't worry, the response is instant.

3. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

I do some sketching on a 4 for work. For apps I like Sketchbook Pro and Procreate myself

I will also add that you should think about whether you need pressure sensitivity. If you do or think you might then you should look into a stylus like the Pogo Connect which has Bluetooth pressure control and apps that support it.

You should also look for signs that apps have palm detect or look into something like a Wacom glove

If you can wait until as late as November for a new one go for it. We might get lucky and the new models will have pressure sensitivity.