iPad iPad 4 gen charging issue

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nhlfreak98, Jan 21, 2015.

1. nhlfreak98 macrumors 6502

My iPad 4 takes around 4 hours to fully charge. Before It used to charge in about 2-3 hours why is it taking longer? I'm using the 12W Plug that came with the iPad haven't changed it or anything any reason why it just started doing this

2. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

hmm.... do you have any background apps running?

3. nhlfreak98 thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope but I don't see how that will delay charging another hour or two

4. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

I've had the iPad 4, but mine always took forever to charge until i quit every single app and turned off bluetooth

----------

Think we have the same problem. But i don't really care because i charge my iPad at night and usually lasts the whole day

5. nhlfreak98 thread starter macrumors 6502

I close every app after I use it and I don't use Bluetooth. It started happening lately never used to do this before

6. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

I'm going to try to look this up and see if this can help me too.

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

It can have an effect just like if yopu are using your device with the screen on it will take longer to charge as the capacity of the charger is not that great. I agree it would take a program that is running wildly to make a big difference with the screen off but it could have some effect.

8. nhlfreak98 thread starter macrumors 6502

9. NYhoosier macrumors newbie

By chance, have you changed cords (or the old cord got damaged)?

I have an iPad 3 and when I put an 6' extension usb cable between original Apple supplied charger/cord, charging time practically doubles. Other threads report poorer charging performance with some non-MFi products.

Although you didn't specifically mention using the original lightning cable (or swapping it out to check for possible internal damage), thought I would offer this up as a suggestion.

10. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

I agree what with this guy has to say. Try another lightning cable. Make sure its official or certified.

11. nhlfreak98 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I'm using the original cable but I noticed it was ripped that might be the problem I'll try a different cable