iPad 4 GM video

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by WeegieMac, Sep 12, 2013.

1. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Guys, this is thrown together at very short notice to try and show what some are talking about regarding the UI "issues" with the GM on iPad. I apologise for my heavy breathing as I'm just recovering from a bad chest infection and you may hear my dog padding around on the hardwood floor behind me.

http://youtu.be/AeuEBFx2MtY

If people can't see these stutters that's cool, some might even think the new pinch to home animation is cool and not actually even an issue, who knows?

Cheers.

2. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

Volume is too low... Maybe open up final cut and adjust the audio portion. Heck, I want make video too, but uploading process takes to damn long....

You might want do a slow motion as well. This problem is more visible On iPad 3 where the farm rate drop us clearly visible. It feels like the wallpaper gets refreshed and all the icons are stopped moving until the wallpaper finished loading.

3. WeegieMac thread starter Guest

WeegieMac

Turn your speakers up! It's low because I barely have a voice, lol :D

I have watched it back though headphones and it's loud enough for what is needed though.

4. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

Honestly yours is performing better than mine. Lucky but I can still notice how the animations just stutters. Im sure theres gonna be a lot of flack but coming from iOS 6 its really really annoying to see all the stuttering. You should make a video when rotating from portrait to landscape to show how slow that is too.

5. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

LOL...sure... I was using iPad, apparently the volume is low even if I turn all the up to the highest. I will watch again on my computer

6. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

So this problem is on ipad 4? Strange, I have a friend that is really excited about ios 7, he is so excited that he could puke a rainbow when I show him ios 7. He'll be very disappointed to see how crappy the 7 is.

7. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

Yep.

8. cwosigns macrumors 65816

I have an iPad 4, and I see what you're talking about. But it doesn't really affect usability. Apple will eventually correct this in an iterative update. I don't think it's as big a deal as people are making it out to be. If every .0 software release was perfect, there would never be a reason to have the .1 and .2 updates.

9. DariusX macrumors regular

you sure this is okay? After next week, every device in the apple store will run iOS 7. Can you imagine how embarrassing it is for customers to walk into the store and realize how laggy apple's latest iPads (iPad 4 at the moment) are?

10. cwosigns, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013

cwosigns macrumors 65816

Even laggy, the iPad apps are of such a better quality than android tablet apps that there's no comparison. If it hung up and crashed constantly, then I think you might have a point. But forums like this inherently draw people who are technologically more observant than the average population. I don't think the average person would walk into an Apple Store, play with the new iPad, and think anything about these minor frame drops.

11. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Good point! It took me over a year to adjust with the iphone 4, till than I wasn't even getting a damn about the animations now I am a lag tiran and I can see even the smallest lag, tha hell, I can even see the pixels of an iphone 4

12. ronaldsmith macrumors newbie

Excited for IOS 7 (but disappointed in apple)

I am excited for the new version of ios 7, but am very disappointed.

To those saying that it's great and "still" better than android devices, I feel that's unacceptable. To me Apple have lowered their standards. They use to ALWAYS strive in being the best.

Colors don't match in NC and Control Centre.
    Lagging animations.
    Forever to change wallpapers (yes.. I change my wallpaper a lot.)
    Cruddy keyboard.

Before my iPad use to feel intuitive. Now it feels like it has a mind of its own. They have no right releasing new devices with this version of IOS unless it's running perfect. I understand this is my opinion, and others will differ, but if I have to be brutally honest - this is just not good enough. :(

13. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

The colours aren't supposed to match. They represent different functions.

14. Ungibbed macrumors 6502

Ungibbed

Anyone running with much issues on the iPad 2? Still holding on to my 64GB which is still a great tablet. Just hoping iOS 7 doesn't affect my battery life or performance with the current 6.1.3 release

15. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

There's definitely something happening at the end of the pinching animation. There's also some kind of tiny lag when switching to the calendar (which looks amazing on an iPad btw).

Installed GM on my iPhone 5 and it's great. Decided to hold on for my Mini and I think it was wise.

Hopefully 7.0.1 will come before October and solve all this glitches.

16. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

And he can feel however way he wants. It's his right to be disappointed in Apple and express it in an APPLE forum...calm down

17. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

Thanks for sharing the video.
    Performance on the iPad 3rd gen is about the same as that video :/