iPad iPad 4 hurts my eyes

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Stu9, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Stu9 macrumors member

It shouldn't but does!.....it's the retina thingy and should be fine, but after about 10-20 mins they're sore and that's it. I don't get it with the old laptop or desktop, just since i got the ipad

Looks like it'll be getting sold and my short lived days with it will be over, i like it alot too.....or is anything in the settings (apart from brightness which obviously is turned down) that'll help :(

2. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

3. Stu9 thread starter macrumors member

4. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

trade for iPad 2 without retina or Mini first gen? :apple:

5. Altis macrumors 68020

Is it the size of the text, or the poor contrast of the colors (ie. light grey on medium grey), or overall whiteness of everything?

6. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Get the brightness at a good level not to low not to high. Then hold it away from your face.

7. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

iPad 4 hurts my eyes

When I was jail broken, I used f.lux and loved it. Now I upgraded and lost f.lux. It took a long time to get used to the normal screen tone again. I love using flux on my PC though. Flux changes the screen tone to a warm color tone that is easy on eyes.

8. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Sounds like your brightness is too high. Does it help to turn the brightness down?

I love the idea of f.lux, but I hate what it does to the colors...

9. Wando64 macrumors 6502

Have you discussed this with an optician? How are we supposed to help you with your eye problems?
    If I had to attemp a guess, it has probably something to do with the distance and the angle from your eyes. Or it could be that your brightness is too high. Or maybe you use the ipad in dark environments too much (that would make even my eyes hurt after a while).
    Did I mention you should discuss this with an optician?

10. nfl46 macrumors 603

Maybe it's the brightness. It could be set to auto brightness.

11. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

It has to have to do with you and not the iPad or these forums would be filled with people with band-aids over their eyes. Maybe a trip to the eye doctor . . . .

12. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

As Steve Jobs would say... your looking at it the wrong way :D

13. medic27 macrumors member

If your reading for knowledge vs casual reading, your eyes will hurt from real paper after several hours. There are eye exercise you can do to help. Better to take breaks.
    E-ink will feel better on the eyes but compared to high resolution lcd they will both be similar eye strain after few hours.

Try changing to white text on black background. If you have astigmatism, off-white may be easier on the eyes.

14. Stu9 thread starter macrumors member

I was just saying ffs :rolleyes:

And yes i've turned the brightness down, it's the first thing i did!

No i don't use it in a dark'ish room either

And yes i'll see an optician

15. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

My eyes were hurting to, than I did the following....

1. Bold Text

2. Text Size slight increase

3. Dim Brightness

4. Increase Contrast

16. JoeRito macrumors 6502a

JoeRito

Most of us lower the brightness, especially when reading a lengthy passage of text.

17. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I found that this goes away after a bit. Give it some time. Any switch to a new screen that is taking up a good chunk of eyeball time might do this if it's different than what you're used to. Your eyes will adjust.

18. Kaye Star macrumors newbie

Kaye Star

Do you have vision problems?

I'm nearsighted and wear eyeglasses, and my eyes are really sensitive to high amounts of light. A change with the display settings might help.

19. Mac32 macrumors 6502a

It's really a shame that F.lux can't be used without jailbreaking the iPad, which is a no-no for me. F.lux makes a huge difference in viewing comfort.

20. SusanK macrumors 68000

An optometrist or ophthalmologist would be a better choice for evaluation the eye issues. If you see one take the iPad Air with you to the appointment.

The optician makes glasses only.

You may be experiencing eye strain with the iPad Air. Hope you get this resolved