iPad 4 iOS 6.1.3 constantly turns off itself.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Apple619, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Apple619 macrumors newbie

Hey all.
    So, I have the iPad 4 16GB running on iOS 6.1.3.
    This is the replaced iPad as the previous one had a camera problem.
    Now, since there are no Apple stores in Pakistan, my cousin had it replaced from Norway and it just sat there turned off for a month. It came here, I turned it on, everything seemed good until I put it to sleep for dinner. When I came back, it was turned off. I thought the battery might have died, so I plugged it in but no battery icon came up. I tried turning it on but it didn't work. Then I held the Home and power button together and the Apple logo came up. It showed the lock screen and when I tried unlocking it, it turned off again. It's been doing that for 3 days now. Sometimes it would work about 10 hours before dying. This is really frustrating and disappointing. And now, a new problem. Apps crashes, music will stop playing, requiring a reset.

Also, I am running iOS 6.1.3 so I was wondering, will updating to 7.0.4 will fix it?

Please help. Thank you.

2. deluxeshredder macrumors 6502a

I bet this is a software problem.

Try doing backup and then restore/hard reset in iTunes if you don't mind iOS 7.