Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michelob tfs

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2010
Falkirk, Scotland
This forum is hilarious. The amount of self-absorbed hyperbole is incredibly funny.

iPad 4 - heavy ergo NO GOOD go home

iPad mini - screen makes it COMPLETELY UNUSABLE

Cracks me up.

michelob tfs

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2010
Falkirk, Scotland
Just read "my 4 is way better than your mini, the mini is for 16 year old girls blah blah blah blah...", who are these crazy people :confused::D

People should go and look themselves decide what they want to buy or not to buy, full size or mini, apple or android, and then get on with the million more important things that should be going on in their lives.

McPhallus

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
The big chip and retina screen are great but it's TOO heavy. I went to an apple store and tried it for five minutes so I can definitively say it's no good. Mini or go home.

I love how you can issue this decree for all of us based on your five minutes of usage in a store. So I should forget the 4 and opt for a smaller, lighter device with half the resolution, half the memory, and half the CPU. I think I'll make my own judgment.

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
e. So I should forget the 4 and opt for a smaller, lighter device with half the resolution, half the memory, and half the CPU. I think I'll make my own judgment.

.... and so you should! I would recommend everyone do this and not just at trip to the Apple store for 5 minutes.

bigboar

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2012
Ohio
Hey what case is that on your Mini? Sorry to be off topic! Not that we are actually on topic. hehehe

Lol! It is the iblason but I am returning it. If you go up to iPad accessories and find my thread for the moko case for $1.98 shipped you will find it is the same case. I paid 15 for this one but why when you can get it for less than 2 bucks? It is really nice even for the 15 I spent but if amazon still has the other it's a no brainer. I also have the Smart Cover that I got from apple for free to match the $40 target gift card offer that didn't actually end up happening but I never even took it out of the package since I like this one. I think I am gonna sell it and get my minis cost below $300...

Last edited:

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Wirelessly posted

So the mini comes out and all of a sudden the iPad 3/4 is too heavy?
Good thing I take macrumors mostly as a joke, good for a lot of laughs. Op you didn't disappoint.

fertilized-egg

macrumors 68020
Dec 18, 2009

TJ5921

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
I love how you can issue this decree for all of us based on your five minutes of usage in a store. So I should forget the 4 and opt for a smaller, lighter device with half the resolution, half the memory, and half the CPU. I think I'll make my own judgment.

You obviously didn't read the rest of the thread. I was basically making a mockery of people making posts opposite of this (e.g. those who deemed the mini a failure due to screen resolution) Thought it'd be nice to show the other side of the coin. :)

bigboar

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2012
Ohio
Just read "my 4 is way better than your mini, the mini is for 16 year old girls blah blah blah blah...", who are these crazy people :confused::D

People should go and look themselves decide what they want to buy or not to buy, full size or mini, apple or android, and then get on with the million more important things that should be going on in their lives.

I agree.. The mini is great, the full size is great also. Different devices for different purposes in my opinion.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Those who buy the iDevice X or Y will be upset when they redesign the form to look slimmer, lighter, and sexier like the Mini Device next year.

Fixed it for you.

Any other nuggets of wisdom?

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
What does being employed have to do with the weight of my tablet? Nothing. Moronic post.

Moronic? You're the one who can't handle 1.4 lbs.
It's obvious you've never worked or you could handle that weight in your hands. Weaksauce.

TJ5921

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Moronic? You're the one who can't handle 1.4 lbs.
It's obvious you've never worked or you could handle that weight in your hands. Weaksauce.

Or I prefer something with better form factor and a lower price. That was a real intelligent response you gave :rolleyes:

----------

Well your "whole point" isn't a new point at all. It's the law of tech, and it doesn't apply to just the ipad 4.

/hairwhoosh

You're right and it also doesn't apply to just the Mini. Which I proved with this post, I think you need to re-read the thread.

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
Way better than that single speaker in the full size

I agree, I can actually listen to music on this thing while sitting at my desk. The iPad 3 was so tinny that I could only take it for very short periods. Nobody is going to go home and put their home entertainment system on Ebay, but it is much better.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I agree, I can actually listen to music on this thing while sitting at my desk. The iPad 3 was so tinny that I could only take it for very short periods. Nobody is going to go home and put their home entertainment system on Ebay, but it is much better.

I can believe 2 speakers sounds better than one, but I doubt the actual speakers are much different. Still, it makes me wonder if we'll see 2 speakers in the ipad 5.

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
I can believe 2 speakers sounds better than one, but I doubt the actual speakers are much different. Still, it makes me wonder if we'll see 2 speakers in the ipad 5.

Yeah, I am somewhat surprised myself. But unless my 53 year old ears are tricking me, I can hear stereo separation. Different sounds coming from different speakers. I think the iPad 5 at minimum has to go with 2 speakers. Kindle HD has them, and the new Nexus 10 has them. So, I think the new iPad 5 will too. I am a bit shocked the iPad 4 didn't, but then I don't think Apple knew Google was going to drop dual speakers in their Nexus 10.

JS3

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2010
They are, they are especially compared to that mono speaker on your iPad. LOL

lol hey what ever does it for you. But I tend to use my eyes more than listening to things so this is where the Retina Does it for me. And when it comes to speed my 4 eats the mini.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.