Ipad 4 Late 2013?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gadget123, Oct 16, 2012.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

Bit of speculation but will Apple change the release schedule like they done with Iphone?

You could have Iphone/ipod (September) and Ipad and Ipad mini (November)..

Especially if a lightning dock Ipad 3 turns up at this media event it wouldn't make sense doing it if there's a new Ipad due in March surely?

2. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

Just speculation on my part, but I think it is entirely plausible.

We'll have to wait and see the specs on the iPad Mini when it is released.

Since the iPhone 5 is currently running the A6 chip, I would think that Apple would want to get the A6 chip into the iPad line as soon as possible.

If Apple decides to roll out a full-size iPad with the lightening connector and an A6 chip this month, I think it is very possible that they will wait until next November for any further updates. If they do not do either of these, then we will most likely see a full-size iPad refresh in March.

3. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

I don't think they'd want to release all of their highest profile products within a couple months of each other.

4. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

A6, 720p Facetime, lightning connector isn't enough for a new Ipad.

Maybe Ipad 3S or Ipad HD or something in March then?

5. Stetrain macrumors 68040

I think that the different schedules for the Mini and full sized iPad will probably work out well for them.

That gives them one release date in Spring which probably works well for the education market, and one release date in fall which works well for holiday sales.

You could also see something like the full sized iPad gets the A6 in spring, and then the Mini gets it the following fall when component prices have come down.

6. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

How much of a design change would the A6 chip require?

I must admit I am biased. I'd like a full powered iPad Mini (A6 chip, retina display, GPS, 4G LTE) to use as an iPhone alternative.

I would rather put my money into an iPad Mini which seems more useful to me than the iPhone.

Please don't get me wrong. The iPhone 5 is great and can do a lot. It is just that my circumstances allow me to carry both an iPhone and an iPad.

7. HishamAkhtar macrumors 6502a

I'd be very surprised if the full-size iPad was even mentioned next week.

There's already enough products waiting to be unveiled without throwing the iPad in the mix.

8. iMas70 macrumors 65816

To be on the safe side, I think I'm going to plan for an update and if nothing happens... oh well. If it is updated, then I can get the newest version available and be good with iDevices for 18-24 months.

9. krnboy503 macrumors regular

gen 4 iPad will be the same as the other iPad cycles of March-April.