Ipad 4 + Macbook for Surface Pro?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by gdourado, Aug 12, 2013.

1. gdourado macrumors 6502

gdourado

Hello, how are you?
    Just wondering what is your opinion on this...
    Been thinking about it lately. Just hanging on to see what will iPad 5 bring and Surface Pro 2.

I currently only use the iPad for couch surfing and when going on vacations to use in the hotels.
    While out and about, always use the phone. 95% of the time I only use the iPad indoors.
    I also have a Macbook Pro, 13 inch. I only use for the ocasional iWOrk document and use to manage my iTUnes media library, to backup my iPhone and iPad and sync them.

Based on this, would you consider the trade?
    Leave the iPad and Macbook and have only one device, a Surface Pro? Would it really be the best of both worlds or just compromises?

Cheers!

2. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

If I was considering trying to move to only a single device, I'd probably take a serious look at the Samsung Ativ Q. Full Windows 8 with I believe one of the new Haswell CPUs so it should have much better battery life yet also has full stock Android. Converts from modestly thin tablet to near full laptop and what looks like an awesome high resolution display.

Considering it doesn't sound like you need the PC to do much heavy lifting and the tablet doesn't leave the house often, this could be the optimal solution for you. Biggest obstacle for this device is likely price--I've seen rumors ranging everywhere from $1400 - $2000.