iPad 4 - not charging

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Makwak, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Makwak macrumors member

Recently my ipad developed this issue where I plug it to charger it will charge for a bit and then it says not charging. Reconnecting the charger sometimes helps sometimes not.

Any ideas whats wrong?

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Are you plugging it into an outlet or your computer?

3. Makwak thread starter macrumors member

I have a charger I took the cable out and used it with iphone charger and same thing happened. Although that cable and iphone charger do charge my iphone. I then used different cable with the ipad charger and it did charge to full around 7%. I will test it again when battery drains.

4. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

First off be sure you are using an Apple 10 or 12 watt charger. It is the one that is larger than the iPhone charger. Secondly be sure you are using an Apple cord. Some of the early non-Apple cables were defective.

5. Makwak thread starter macrumors member

yeah i have 10/12 cgarger and all cords seem to be genuine

6. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

Next obvious think is hold power and home buttons down until the Apple logo appears. Then release them. This will give you a reboot and fixes a lot of minor problems. Plug it up and check to see that little lightening bolt is next to battery. Leave it overnight.

----------

Forgot to mention if battery is low and you plug it up but are still using it, it will sometimes give you a "not charging"

7. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

Well, I got the "not charging" on my rMini this morning. It was 40%when I plugged it in. I didn't get green battery or volt symbol. Rebooted...nothing...plugged the cord in several times before it recognized the charger and everything showed up. Maybe an IOS 7 bug.

8. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

My brother had the issue with his iPhone. Apple switched out his phone. The issue wasn't in the charging cable, he tried different ones. I suggest you call AppleCare.

9. Makwak thread starter macrumors member

is my charger fake?
    it has all designed by apple and whatnot but i noticed this two sentences:
    CAUTION: For use with information technologie equipment.
    ATTENTION: Pour materiel informatique technologie.

Could this bold word suggest its fake? Can anyone else confirm if there is simillar wording on their charger? I presume it should say t
    "technology"

10. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

You're right, that doesn't sound like an original. But shouldn't it display a fake charger warning then?

11. Makwak thread starter macrumors member

it doesnt and i used it good few times without any problem

12. Makwak thread starter macrumors member

went to the apple shop today they did confirm its a fake
    the print color was different and there was no misspelling of the word technology