iPad iPad 4 on iOS 9

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by pk7, Jun 8, 2015.

1. pk7 macrumors 6502

Hello everyone,

As the owner of an iPad 4 since release day in November 2012 and as someone that won't be replacing my iPad until next year, I was wondering if anyone had put iOS 9 on their iPad 4.

The iPad 4 doesn't get any of the multitasking features that the iPad Air & Air 2 are going to get. My iPad 4 is slightly stuttery on iOS 8 but still perfectly usable and fast enough.

With the understanding that this is beta software, how does the iPad 4 perform on iOS 9? What noteworthy new features are there for owners of older iPads?

Cheers!

2. nightlong macrumors 6502a

nightlong

W
    Would also like to know. And, if iPad 4 will be able to do slide over ... More interested in this than split screen.

3. easonksh macrumors newbie

I just got iOS 9 on my iPad 4 and Split Screen, Slide Over and PIP don't work on it.

4. sethlution macrumors regular

Well I know there's no way Split Screen will work on it, but kinda disappointed that Slide Over and PIP is not available given that it still has a relatively fast processor. Can't say it's unexpected though given Apple update history. I guess I have to update my iPad a little faster than I had planned