iPad iPad 4 or rMini

p0x

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
I official have the money to buy either since the 4 is on sale right now at best buy. I like the size of the mini and the fact it has a A7 chip. I kinda like the iPad 4 because it's nice to watch videos. Which should I get?

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
I am thinking of returning the rMini in favor of the new iPad Air. I found myself missig the larger screen this past year.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
rMini... why get last year's tech unless you can get it very very cheap. If you somehow score an iPad 4 for under $300 you should jump on it... but if you're paying the same amount of money for either machine the rMini is the better buy.

p0x

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
I ended up going for the rMini, thanks guys! I love it.

Last edited by a moderator:

p0x

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
John Lewis are selling an iPad 4 with celular and 128Gb of Storage for only £499. Plus you won't have an many tabs reloading.

I have until next week to return it. I haven't had any issues with safari so far. But, it's day one.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Did my post get deleted?

My iPad 4 has a better screen than my retina mini, playing a video on YouTube I noticed the mini looks grainy, iPad 4 picture perfect, same with a lot of photos, mini grainy,iPad 4 perfect.

Maybe I got a duff screen but from my experience the iPad 4 looks way better than the retina mini

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2003
Between a an iPad 4 and retina mini I'd choose the retina mini all day long and of course make sure I get a good display. If you're considering an iPad 4, why not consider an iPad Air? Before the Air full sized iPads were thick and heavy and the mini was thin and light and a major reason to get one. Now that the Air has gone thinner and lighter there's less reason to go with a mini IMHO.

Northwestern

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2011
I sold my iPad 4 to get a rMINI and I ended up with an iPad Air. The screen of iPad 4 or Air looks much better. Some colors on the rMINI looked washed out to me. I am watching a lot of movies on my iPad and in my opinion the bigger screen is an advantage. I had a display problem with my iPad Air, waiting for a replacement now, but looking back to my iPad 4, I think it was the best iPad I ever had. I don't know if I will like the Air more, because I haven't used it much before I send it to Apple repair. I would go with iPad 4 or Air.

Han Solo 1

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2013
Glad you went with the rMini. I had an iPad 4 before, and the Mini (in my opinion) blows it away.

After using the rMini, the larger sized iPad looks too blown up for my taste.

I can't even imagine wanting the iPad Pro, if it actually gets made.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I official have the money to buy either since the 4 is on sale right now at best buy. I like the size of the mini and the fact it has a A7 chip. I kinda like the iPad 4 because it's nice to watch videos. Which should I get?
It actually depends on your needs.
I love the Mini form factor, but i think I can't stay many hours on it because it is .... mini :D

iPad 4 has a better display.

But my question is: how much are you going to pay it ? Because I don't think there is an huge difference between an iPad 4 and an iPad Air.

Oops, I was late ;)

Johnbrow

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2013
Go to the Apple store. Pick up both and play with them for a while, trying to use some functions you'd use yourself on the iPad. Think about how you would use your iPad and how portable you need it to be. Then decide. There is no better or worse model for everyone in general-it's a completely individual choice.

Or, I know several people who just got both of them, either because they were indecisive or because they had different uses for each.