Ipad 4 refurbs - when will they be available

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BillyHoyle, Oct 25, 2012.

1. BillyHoyle macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I can't believe I haven't registered for this forum until today - I'm a long-time lerker.

I was wondering if any of you could enlighten me as to when one could expect the iPad 4 refurbs to become available?

I'm quite keen to buy one but I'm just thinking whether waiting for the refurbs would be worth it - can I expect a 10-15% discount?

2. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

2-3 months maybe. But I believe refurbs pop up after returns or damages? Returns may not happen for a while since its the holiday season and returns may not happen after the Xmas season?

3. BillyHoyle thread starter macrumors newbie

that long, eh?:confused:

4. iEvolution macrumors 65816

They won't come around until SHORTLY before the next announcement, at least thats how it has been for the last 4 or 5 years.

If there is something coming around in March then it could be as little as 4 months if not expect to wait until a month or two before next years announcements.

5. token787 macrumors regular

token787

I was also wondering this question. More decisions.

6. BillyHoyle thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh wow, so even longer! haha...:eek:

So do I understand it right that it is only ever the previous model that's available as a refurb?

7. iEvolution macrumors 65816

Yes. This because if they offered refurbs right away it would hurt retail sales. I mean, for example, who wants to pay $500 when you can pay $400 for a refurb?