iPad iPad 4 resell value

Discussion in 'iPad' started by theatreswag, Jul 3, 2013.

1. theatreswag macrumors newbie

I want to buy and iPad for college, and I think I'm going to just get the iPad 4 and not wait for the 5, but if the 5 comes out and it is a major improvement I might try to sell the 4 and upgrade. How much do you think I could get for an iPad 4 once the 5 comes out?
    I plan on getting the 16gb wifi version, but I might get a 32gb refurbished one. Would the extra space increase the resell value by a lot? Because if I got a refurb one I wouldn't get the $50 iTunes card either. Thanks for the help!

2. tekkifi macrumors member

I would go check out on Ebay what some third gen iPads are selling for at the moment. That should give you an idea of what the value adjustment will be around when the 5 comes out.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Prices drop a lot on eBay when a new model pops up. So if you're looking at getting one now and then sell, get the cheapest one.

4. theatreswag thread starter macrumors newbie

So do you think I should get the 16gb new one or a 32gb refurbed one?

5. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

6. Bear macrumors G3

32GB refurbished.

7. barkomatic macrumors 68040

You'll save yourself some trouble and money by just waiting for the iPad 5. It's a given that it will be thinner, lighter and look like a slightly bigger mini.

8. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

I would wait if I were you. However, if you choose to ignore the advice from this forum, then know that Apple products have a relatively good return rate. You buy an iPad 16GB Wifi only iPad for about 500$+. Assuming you keep the screen in 10/10 condition and include a case maybe, asking 400$ is the higher end price if you're lucky. I would recommend selling locally over selling through ebay or something.

9. tazz3 macrumors regular

iPad 4 16 gig refrub is 419 from the apple store great price.
    I got the 32 gig for 499

10. iKnowMr.Jobs macrumors regular

iKnowMr.Jobs

i would honestly just wait for the 5. Even if the only difference between the 5 and the 4 ends up being that the 5 matches the design language of the mini (they'll undoubtedly be other new features but theoretically speaking...) it would be worth waiting for. I know the $50 iTunes gift card may be tempting now but by the time you sell your 4 and buy the 5, you'll be down more than $50, i can almost guarantee that.