iPad iPad 4 to ???

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wesley8631, Sep 27, 2015.

1. wesley8631 macrumors newbie

Still using my iPad 4 back from 2012, and to be fair it's slow as a lorry now, can barely play a decent FPS without lag, plus it has battery issues.

my question is, should i upgrade to the Mini 4 or the air 2? I know that the Air 2 has better performance, and that apple probably will skip it this year, but the Mini 4 does seem much better than my current device and it's portability and slightly lower price is tempting me. i also feel troubled by a thread in the forum where many users reported lag while gaming with the mini 4. Could people advice me which ipad to get? i am looking to use the iPad for studies (powerpoint, editing) and also leisure gaming. Thank you.

2. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

It's a matter of personal preference. Some people like the comfortably spacious screen of the Air, while some like the portable form factor of the mini. Only you can decide which is right for you. I wouldn't worry about the difference in price though; in my opinion it's a small difference if you're going to use it as long as you did the iPad 4, and you should get whichever you're happier with. Besides, with some of the recent sales on the Air 2, it might even be a little cheaper than the mini 4.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

4. tomaseriksson macrumors member

tomaseriksson

I had my Air 2 since spring and still loves it, it's more awesome than ever with iOS9.

5. rkuo macrumors 6502a

The Air 2 is objectively a better deal right now as long as you buy it on sale. Whether the Mini or Air form factor is right for you is something only you can figure out.

6. wesley8631 thread starter macrumors newbie

hello, thanks to everyone for the replies. so to confirm, basically the only advantages of the mini 4 is its form factor?

7. Shirtin macrumors member

Yes only form factor because it is slower than iPad Air 2.