iPad 4 ugly transitions when switching app

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by reery, Aug 6, 2014.

1. reery macrumors regular

reery

Hi,

I've tried looking for an answer everywhere regarding this issue but couldn't find any tips zu resolve my problem.

I've disabled parallax (animations) in the option menu to get some more hours of battery life. In exchange all animations were exchanged by a smooth looking transition - except for app switching. When I double tap on the home button I get an laggy "instant" without this smooth transition and the UI feels very unresponsive for a second or two.

I'm on iOS 7.1.2. I've got my hands on an iPad Air with iOS 7.1.1 and realized that this device has these smooth transitions everywhere, even when switching apps and it doesn't feel unresponsive like my device.

It's really annoying and I even reinstalled iOS but it didn't help. Am I the only one with this kind of jerky behaviour?

2. skinned66 macrumors 65816

skinned66

Can't say I have. I have the 4th gen also on 7.12 as well - it's even jailbroken. Transitions are nice and smooth fades when parallax is off.