iPad iPad 4 usage

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dawgy, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Dawgy macrumors newbie

So I managed to pick up the iPad 4 and have set it up as a new device. It's running the same crap as I have on my iPhone, just the iPad-sized versions. However, I noticed that my usage and standby time are the exact same... so something is preventing it from sleeping.

I downloaded the latest iOS update (6.0.1.) and restored it as new from within iTunes. I've looked everywhere I can, but it still seems to be doing it. One thing I've noticed is sometimes my WiFi is randomly dropping. Bug in iOS 6.0.1 or what?

I can't find anywhere where an app is keeping it from sleeping. Help!

2. musicman0725 macrumors member

I'm noticing the exact same thing on my new 4th gen iPad. I did restore from a backup of my first gen iPad, but I didn't notice this problem when I first began using it (in fact I remember the counts not being identical at first). I've tried resetting all settings, but I still have noticed the problem even with all my apps killed. I saw someone in another iOS 6 thread mentioned removing safari bookmarks syncing and reactivating it (something about bookmarks syncing getting stuck in a loop). I also activated Facebook integration between when I first started using my iPad and when I began noticing this issue. Do you have Facebook disabled and have you tried disabling the safari bookmark setting in iCloud (or deleting and re-adding iCloud). Let me know what works for you.

3. musicman0725 macrumors member

CNNMoney App

Managed to resolve the issue and find the app that was the culprit without having to restore (too bad I already did an erase all settings which didn't help). The runaway app was CNNMoney. Thanks to someone on the apple support forums, I managed to figure out that after you've run this app the only solution is to delete it (killing it will not stop it). When I deleted it, all I had to do was reboot and plug back in. Usage/Standby times back to normal