iPad 4 users - Does 8.1 solve Safari Verge Crash issue from iOS 7?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by scottwaugh, Oct 28, 2014.

1. scottwaugh macrumors 6502

Any brave souls who have upgraded their iPad 4 from iOS 7 to 8 (8.1), could you verify whether Safari still crashes loading The Verge and if that doesn't crash it, just open one of the Verge topics in another tab - crashes Safari 7.1.2 every time on my iPad 4 (or view comments in a topic that crashes it too)?

How is the performance (would get an occasional sticking on scrolling in Safari with 7, so I was afraid of going to 8 and giving up any more performance) in 8.1?

Thank you….

2. sethlution macrumors regular

It doesn't crash on my iPad 4 running 8.1. To be sure I opened two extra pages in new tabs, load the comments, and it still hasnt crashed. On a side note, I even have 3 other tabs open in the background, so I guess we can say Safari is perfectly fine.
    General performance is basically similar to 7.1.2, with a few jittering here and there, but it's not a big deal to me.

3. dickydoo macrumors newbie

I'm pretty sure they fixed something on the site itself. When I first upgraded to 8.1 on my iPad 3 it crashed consistently. As of yesterday it didn't crash but was choppy while scrolling. Today the scrolling is smooth, even though it takes a while to completely load images.

4. macenied macrumors 6502a

macenied

5. AddisonIII macrumors regular

IPad 4 running 8.1 with few issues. Main complaint is Safari will freeze/lock-up time to time. It could be worse.

6. scottwaugh thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the responses everyone, I appreciate it.