iPad iPad 4 vs. iPad Air frame?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jardins de Vin, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Jardins de Vin macrumors 6502a

Jardins de Vin

I was going to buy a 4th generation iPad with 128 GB but now that I've seen the iPad Air prices for the 128 model going down so violently, I decided I'll be going with an Air.

The only thing I'm worried about is the black (or white) frame around the screen which is smaller than on the iPad 4 - does anyone have problems when holding it, like, if you have your thumbs on the frame, do they go over the screen or is the frame large enough for that? I don't want to cover parts of the screen if I'm holding it, if you understand.

I've had iPads at work now for a few days and sadly I was so stupid to not look up which model it was, but basically it felt fine on those models.

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Many of us had the same concern when the Air was released but honestly, I have fairly large fingers and I've never once had a problem with the bezel being too thin. Also, if it was a major issue you'd have read about it all over the place, especially here on this forum.

Don't worry, you'll be good with the Air! ;)

3. Jardins de Vin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jardins de Vin

Hmm, I have long but thin fingers, so I guess it should be alright :)
    And yes, I haven't really found any posts about this issue. Also I'll be adding an Apple Smart Cover so that's a few mm more there I guess.

4. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

Heh, good point.

5. jrs22 macrumors 6502

I put mine in a speck durafolio because I need the extra protection. I tend to hold it by the rim of the case.

6. Beta Particle macrumors 6502a

I do prefer the wider bezel on the older iPad models.
    However the weight difference more than makes up for it.