Ipad 4 Weird WIFI Issue

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gcclubs, Nov 7, 2012.

1. gcclubs macrumors newbie

I just purchased a new wifi ipad 4. At the office I have to log into our wifi using a password and that works just fine. However I have also used my blackberry as a mobile hotspot. For some reason at the office when I log on to the wireless it connects and everything functions fine but if I open up the settings and look at the wifi it shows I am connected to the mobile hotspot. I am not as I typically have the mobile hotspot turned off on the blackberry and only turn it on if I can't access wifi.

This doesn't seem to impact the functioning of the ipad but it seems to be a glitch.

Even if I click on the MobilePlus wifi connection icon in general settings it shows it connects, even if my Blackberry is turned off. Clearing it is still connected to my office wifi even though it shows being connected to my blackberry mobile hotspot. If I click on my office wireless it tells me repeatedly that it cannot connect and then eventually it does. Long story short it seems to be confusing my mobile hotspot with my office wifi.

Has anyone else connected their ipad to wifi using another mobile device as a hotspot and noticed anything odd later when connecting to wifi directly? The weird thing is that it only seems to do this at my office. At home it connects to my wireless and shows up with the correct name.

Anything I should be worried about here?

2. Jock macrumors newbie

Suggest try changing the name (ssid) of your Blackberry hotspot to something really unique. It just might be there is another Blackberry around your office with the same hotspot name. I'm detecting WLANs more than 200 yards away with an iPad mini.