Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cockney Rebel

Original poster
Sep 10, 2012
So I sold my iPad 3rd gen, and picked up a 4th gen today (well, technically yesterday, now!).

I've noticed it being a bit more nippy here & there, and no stuttering with things like (sometimes) opening folders on the 3rd gen that I sold.

However, I just noticed a BIG improvement when using a favourite app of mine ... DJay (love that app!).

When loading up a new song on the deck, the BPM is calculated much faster on this 4th gen iPad, which is sweet.

I also notice that loading up web pages is a bit faster, however that is on my ISP's standard router. I'll connect to my Time Capsule tomorrow (I usually don't bother with the TC unless I'm using my Mac - Time Machine) and I reckon web pages will load blazing fast.

So the question I'm putting out to others who bailed out of the 3 & went for the 4 ... where are you really noticing speed improvements on your 4th gen over the 3rd?

I think it would be interesting to get a list together ...

Breitling65

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2011
Almost no difference, very minor on most apps and web I run. I see difference in wifi speed and better front camera only. Warmer colors as well a little.

Cockney Rebel

Original poster
Sep 10, 2012
Almost no difference, very minor on most apps and web I run. I see difference in wifi speed and better front camera only. Warmer colors as well a little.

Yeh, the screen on this white model is definitely warmer.

Once developers start targeting the new internals is when you'll really appreciate the upgrade ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.