iPad iPad 4 - where are you noticing the speed improvements?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Cockney Rebel, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Joined:
    Sep 10, 2012
    So I sold my iPad 3rd gen, and picked up a 4th gen today (well, technically yesterday, now!).

I've noticed it being a bit more nippy here & there, and no stuttering with things like (sometimes) opening folders on the 3rd gen that I sold.

However, I just noticed a BIG improvement when using a favourite app of mine ... DJay (love that app!).

When loading up a new song on the deck, the BPM is calculated much faster on this 4th gen iPad, which is sweet.

I also notice that loading up web pages is a bit faster, however that is on my ISP's standard router. I'll connect to my Time Capsule tomorrow (I usually don't bother with the TC unless I'm using my Mac - Time Machine) and I reckon web pages will load blazing fast.

So the question I'm putting out to others who bailed out of the 3 & went for the 4 ... where are you really noticing speed improvements on your 4th gen over the 3rd?

I think it would be interesting to get a list together ...
  2. Breitling65 macrumors 6502

Mar 3, 2011
    Almost no difference, very minor on most apps and web I run. I see difference in wifi speed and better front camera only. Warmer colors as well a little.
  3. Cockney Rebel thread starter Guest

Sep 10, 2012
    Yeh, the screen on this white model is definitely warmer.

Once developers start targeting the new internals is when you'll really appreciate the upgrade ;)