iPad 4g LTE ATT weaker signal than iphone 4s

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by worldonpause, Mar 19, 2012.

1. worldonpause macrumors newbie

is this common? i can connect fine at my house with iphone 4s 3g but with ipad LTE it takes longer to load the page.

2. pat park macrumors 6502a

iphone4s does not have LTE.

So your saying the LTE is slower in your area compared to the 3G your iPhone gets?

3. DctrJ macrumors member

My iPhone 4 with 3G has a stronger signal and loads faster than my iPad 3 with 4G. One thing I did was turn LTE off and it seemed to speed up my 4G connection. I also found that in some locations I couldn't even get a cellular connection with LTE on.

4. amberashby macrumors 6502

I have same issue

My new iPad AT&T 4G signal is 1 bar where I got 3 with my iPad 2. And it isn't just an indicator issue. The actual speeds are slow and sometimes it completely stops. I've disable LTE but no improvement.

I may visit my local AppleStore but I'm sure the signal there is probably 5 bars. This is frustrating because I absolutely love my new iPad except for this.

5. Timechaser macrumors member

Im having the same problem in places that my iPad 1 had no problems with signal strenght. :confused:

6. coolstorm macrumors newbie

same here

Same here! I did ring telstra and apple care. But it seems that they all have no idea...what can we do????

7. KPOM macrumors G5

Try deactivating LTE. Perhaps in your area LTE is weaker than 3G.

8. coolstorm macrumors newbie

Thanks. btw, how to deactivate LTE?

Thanks. btw, how to deactivate LTE?

9. KPOM macrumors G5

In Settings>Cellular Data there is a toggle for "Enable LTE."