iPad 4g LTE ATT weaker signal than iphone 4s

worldonpause

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2011
is this common? i can connect fine at my house with iphone 4s 3g but with ipad LTE it takes longer to load the page.

DctrJ

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2010
My iPhone 4 with 3G has a stronger signal and loads faster than my iPad 3 with 4G. One thing I did was turn LTE off and it seemed to speed up my 4G connection. I also found that in some locations I couldn't even get a cellular connection with LTE on.

amberashby

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2003
I have same issue

My new iPad AT&T 4G signal is 1 bar where I got 3 with my iPad 2. And it isn't just an indicator issue. The actual speeds are slow and sometimes it completely stops. I've disable LTE but no improvement.

I may visit my local AppleStore but I'm sure the signal there is probably 5 bars. This is frustrating because I absolutely love my new iPad except for this.

Timechaser

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2010
My new iPad AT&T 4G signal is 1 bar where I got 3 with my iPad 2. And it isn't just an indicator issue. The actual speeds are slow and sometimes it completely stops. I've disable LTE but no improvement.
Im having the same problem in places that my iPad 1 had no problems with signal strenght. :confused:

KPOM

macrumors G5
Oct 23, 2010
Try deactivating LTE. Perhaps in your area LTE is weaker than 3G.