iPad iPad 4th Gen - home button feels raised

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iBrody, Nov 4, 2012.

1. iBrody macrumors 6502

Ths is my first iPad and loving the device except when I run my finger over the home button it feels weird as though my finger is grating across it's edge.

I think the button must be raised by a small fraction as there's no visible hump when viewing side on, but the button feels raised when running my finger inwards to the centre of the button and smooth when running it from the centre outwards.

It also seems to collect dust/dirt easily around the edge.

Never experienced these problems with any iPhones over the years and was wondering if this is a common problem with iPads, and if so, should I expect the button placement to correct itself over time?

If I had purchased the 16gb iPad I wouldn't be so concerned, but spending a lot more for the 64gb version means I want everything perfect.

If I do return the iPad (online order), should I explain the problem or just use the 14 day return process and then buy another?

Cheers

2. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

My home button on my 16GB iPad 4 is exactly the same. Nothing to worry about. Better that way than sunken at first. I would think it will settle with use.

3. iBrody thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok thanks.

4. SmokeMonster macrumors newbie

Return it

Return it! Never settle for anything less then perfect.

:mad:

5. nStyle macrumors 65816

There is no such thing as perfect. They are all different. As long as it works, who cares?

Dirt/dust: It's going to do this regardless of the button being flush.