iPad 4th Gen is the best gaming device ever

Discussion in 'iPad' started by zozogame, Oct 24, 2012.

1. zozogame macrumors newbie

zozogame

As a game developer I'm happy to see iPad 4gen comes with 2x graphics formance by the power of new A6X clip. Now it's the only device that can gaming experience to a beautiful 10-inch retina display without compromise on performance. And it's the only device that could possibly deliver console quality games to mobile devices.

The ipad 3rd gen is suffering fillrate bound because of the retina display. Although it's 2x faster than ipad2 the resolution is 4x lager. For this reason many 3D games choose to running at 1024 * 768 to avoid framerate drop.

Here's a demo of our working title BEATS OF FIST. The game is running at 2048 * 1536 resolution at average 35 fps, under the condition we limit to 2xAA and reduce the realtime godray light source form 6 to 1.

But with the new iPad 4gen I can predict I will running constantly over 50fps with 2xAA and up to 6 light source. Which would match the result we have tested with iPad2, iphone4s and iphone5.

2. JS82712 macrumors 6502a

JS82712

you are right, and that's about the only reason why the 4th gen iPad is better than the 3rd..