iPad Ipad 4th gen on ios 8.0.2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ev0d3vil, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Ev0d3vil macrumors 6502

Hi guys, how's the performance with the above? I got a second hand one and sadly it's on 7.0.4 still and I can't upgrade to 7.1.2 for the jailbreak and guess I've to use ios 8 instead...

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

My wife has the 4 and I have the Air. We are both happy with the performance of the devices with the latest OS.

I would do a safari cache clear, a network settings reset and then a reboot per se after the upgrade. Always seems to make the transition a little smoother.

You'll be fine, go for it.

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I'm using it on 4th gen iPad. The only stuttering that I can recount now is the following:

booting up and sliding to unlock for the first time after boot results in a stutter when the icons "fall" onto the home screen. Subsequent slide to unlocks doesn't have this particular animation stutter.

Sliding horizontally through the app switcher with multiple apps displaying can produce a big stutter most of the time just browsing the different open apps. Opening apps doesn't seem to cause problems in with any animation stutter. Just those two I can think of. I don't think it did it in 7. I'm hoping they fix it in a software update.

4. Ev0d3vil thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah thanks. Guess I'll upgrade then. Couldn't use some apps at all :(