iPad (4th Generation) Request List

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Radio, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Radio macrumors 68000

1. Stereo speakers - why does my iPhone sound better than my iPad?

2. Eliminate the 16 GB - useless and bring down the price of the 32gb

3. FaceTime HD

4. Revamped iOS ! My god how BORING is apple's iOS?! Seriously we aren't retarded apple. Derrrrr!!!!

That's all I got.

2. SuperRob macrumors regular

Your iPhone doesn't have stereo speakers either. One of those grills is a microphone, the other is a speaker.

3. Radio thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks for clearing that up. It sounds louder. Must be the way the speaker is pointed away from the user on the iPad.

4. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

5. Radio thread starter macrumors 68000

If it worked apple would have included it :(

6. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

My first request for the iPad 4 would be a magical ATM slot that regularly spits out $100 bills. :D

In all seriousness, the iPad 3 hasn't even gotten into our hands yet, can't we just enjoy that one first?

7. Radio thread starter macrumors 68000

In the words of Steve Jobs

No.

8. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

i don't know about this one. Maybe the reaction will be something like that of Final Cut Pro X. I mean sure Apple messed that one up, but instead of the public embracing it, it just lashed out; they were too used to FCP 7. I figure something more complicated might not get a great reaction (this may be a bad example but maybe Snow Leopard --> Lion? SL was great, then Apple gives introduces Lion, and some people like it, some people don't. )

Besides, the thing with :apple: is if it works, that's all they have to do. iOS just works, and with minor tweaks here and there, they really don't need a new OS.
    of course I could be extremely wrong, so shoot it down people!! :)

actually it would be something more like:

9. SuperRob macrumors regular

That's probably the case. I usually cup my hand over the iPad speaker to direct the sound toward myself. That helps a lot.

10. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

5. An iPad Pro (more expensive version) with a built in digitizer + pen.

I would love to use an iPad for complex drawing (I.e. sketchbook Pro) with a fine tipped pen and without worry about palm placement. Instead I'm stuck using an ancient toshiba m200 running Win XP. Illustrating with a piece of chalk sized stylus doesn't cut it for anyone that can actually draw worth a lick.

11. shanmugam macrumors 68020

shanmugam

Too early for iPad 4 speculation :D

it is not going to hurt anyway, FaceTime HD.

With Retina display in iPad 3, the newer models going to be slow and steady improvement, Look what happened to iPod touch.

12. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

Okay the 4/4S speaker sounds good for a phone yes.. but I never thought it was louder/clearer or even close to the depth of the iPad 2 speaker.. There are two speakers in the iPads you know, more depth.. a little more bass for sure.

13. Icemilk macrumors member

14. i0Nic macrumors 65816

I don't know about iPad hardware, but I think we're going to see some big changes to iOS 6 in June.

Apple in iOS 5 have added a bunch of features that people have been crying out for. I think they probably feel that they have now added all these little things in, and now it's time to start innovating the OS.

A lot of the OS has remained unchanged since launch in 2007. If we are truly going to have a post-PC operating system in iOS, then we need some changes.

Here is my iOS 6 wishlist:

- App interoperability
    Android does this pretty well, and so does Mac OSX. It's the ability for apps to talk to each other directly. An app should be able to exchange data with another app in a way that is seamless. When I open a webpage, I can share to Twitter since it's baked in, but if I had Facebook installed then it should also appear in a 'Services' type of menu panel when I share.

- Rethinking the home screen
    The home screen with the grid of app icons has remained basically unchanged since iOS 1. There have been different metaphors tacked on over time like multitasking and folders. But it's starting to look a bit dated, especially with the smart ways Windows Phone is presenting data to the user and Android's use of widgets. I'd like to see a Apple rethink this and come up with a smart solution that is better than anything else out there. A grid of icons is not particularly inspired anymore.

- Rethinking multitasking
    Clicking the home button twice to bring up another row of icons to multitask feels very clunky and is a poor implementation of multitasking. I'd like to see Apple completely revamp this in iOS 6. The way Web OS handles multitasking is superb and even the failed Meego did this much better. There has to be a better way than what we have today.

- Siri API
    Apple needs to make a Siri API so that developers can hook their apps into it. This is a no brainer and will help Siri become much more useful.

- Better Maps and introduce Navigation
    There have been a lot of rumours that Apple are working on a new Maps solution. This is desperately needed because Maps on iOS are looking stale and unloved. I want to see new features that leapfrog the competition. Android is running rings around iOS when it comes to Maps and Navigation.

- Something new
    It's time for Apple to surprise us again in iOS.

15. gamecube117 macrumors 6502

Better camera on both ends. Maybe 8MP like the iPhone 4S.