iPad iPad 5 in Best Buy when?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by maestroteague, Oct 3, 2013.

1. maestroteague macrumors newbie

Hey folks,
    I am planning to replace my iPad 2 with an iPad 5 if/when it comes out soon. In anticipation, though, I was looking at my credit card points, and can get $300 in gift cards for Best Buy with the points I have. Would take about a week to get them, based on past experience, so I'll need to order them soon if I want to go that route. I bought an iPad 1 off craigslist used the January after it came out. When iPad 2 was announced a few months later, I bought one and gave wife the iPad 1 for reading. But I went through so much hassle trying to get it--calling my local Target and SAMS (which was supposed to have them on launch day, I was told by their electronics person, but didn't get them for weeks) every day for a couple weeks until I finally found one at Target. It put such a bad taste in my mouth that the next year, when we upgraded my wife to an iPad 3, I ordered off Apple's website within an hour or two of them going live, and it arrived on launch day or the day after. I'd like to use the Best Buy gift cards to reduce my purchase price, but I don't want to deal with the hassle of not knowing when they'll be in stock. I guess I could order online and pickup in store (what I had to do with my Chromecast). I don't NEED it on launch day, but I don't want to have to wait forever for it like I did for iPad2. I know their supply chains are better now, but still--it was terrible. Any advice? Do you think their stock at Best Buy will be sufficient at launch?

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

They like most retailers start to get shipments 1-2 weeks after Apple releases them. Their allotment is very limited as well until Apple ramps up production to meet demand. So it'll be between 4-5 weeks after the release before you can walk into any Best Buy and they are fully in stock.

3. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

So I could expect Amazon to start selling them a week or two after the release?

4. Lindsford macrumors 6502a

No Amazon is not reseller for new iPads. Sometimes you can find them Through their online warehousedeals site but other then that you're out of luck.

5. Cigsm macrumors 6502

Best Buy has almost always had iPad's day & date.

6. Cyloncat macrumors regular

Cyloncat

I bought my iPad 3 at Best Buy on release day. No waiting and plenty of stock at mid-day.

7. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

Not sure where Rodster got his "info" from but Best Buyhas had huge launches of them alongside Apple for every iPad since the first.

8. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Who knows when you can get it at Best Buy. Apple hasn't even released it yet.

9. AppleRobert macrumors 603

That certainly did not happen with the iPad Mini. I got it after waiting weeks and that was at one of their Mobile stores in a mall before their big ones in my area got them. I am pretty sure the first lots sold out via preorder.

10. nostresshere macrumors 68030

To the Original Poster:

1 - When asking a question, please try to get to the point. And, if you lots to say of meaning, at least use paragraphs.

2 - Nobody here knows for sure when the release date is. Only guesses.

3 - And, along with #2 - NOBODY knows how many and when any retailer will get a product that is not announced.